Sunday 2 December 2007

My LCD has been slowly dying all day

It started out this morning when I turned on my computer. I started watching a TV show on it and rebooted half way cause I thought my video card was playing up. I kept watching and then there was something like a burn in on the screen that I hadn't seen before. I couldn't work out what it was so I kept looking and I ended up taking a photo of my display. I then realised something was wrong.

Right now, the screen is washed out and the response time seems to have been boosted to an impressive 1 - 1.5 seconds.I am typing and watching the letters fade in over the 1 or 2 seconds after I type them. It is a fairly cool looking affect. Changing tabs in Firefox reminders me of a tab extension that I once installed.

On the good side I am planning on getting a new display tomorrow. I am looking at the ViewSonic 22" VA2226w

No comments: