Sunday 23 December 2007

What laptop?

For the past year or so I have liked to think that my next laptop might be a Mac. I started looking seriously this evening and I have come to the decision that it will not be.
Now I am not a normal user, most of the work that I will be doing on it will be data intensive, so lots of RAM and a fast hard drive are important. I do not play games so I don't really care about graphics and some of the work programs I'll run will require XP. None of these facts rule out a Mac, well apart from the fast hard drive. I don't care about built in web cam or the colour of the case. Nor do I need a BluRay or HD-DVD player.

I was surprised when I started to list the spec's that I cared about and the prices next to each other. I have only looked at Dell & Apple so far and I am going to look at the rest of the manufactures, but as you can see below, I am forced to rule out the Mac.

(Click on the Image / Graph to get a larger view)

No comments: