Monday 10 July 2006

The End of Amsterdam

My last few days in Amsterdam have been fairly quiet as the first few where crazy. I am on my own and that isn't as dangerous as it sounds. Believe it or not Fuzz can behave himself even with all this temptation around.

On Sunday night I was in bed by 8pm and slept till 9 the next morning. I did a bit of reading, some internet and kicked around town for most of the day on Monday before heading down to the bar for happy hour and a bite to eat. I had planned on an early night as I had a long Haul flight the next day, but isn't it funny how things like that never work out. I met up with a few of the people that where in my room and we got talking had a few beers then decided to head out. We went for a walk through the red light district then spent the rest of the night in one of the bars there before walking home at about 1am.

That night the room seemed to be warmer than it had been for the other 4 nights that I was there. By 3am I decided that I wasn't going to be able to get any sleep so I got up and went and did a bit of emailing, got some water, had a shower and then tried the sleep thing again. I managed to get a few hours.

When Pat and rest of the guys checked out they stood in line for about an hour before getting to the desk, so I had a plan to get around that. I set my alarm for 7am, got up and went and checked out. I then went back to bed for 3 hours.........

No comments: